What I did over the weekend section

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Collect notes when the person you're caring for spends time with someone else

If/when you know they will be with someone else– a friend, caregiver, family member, etc– you can create and use an Activity Type called 'Visit' to log an upcoming activity, and use the person's name in the description.

This would record at least that your care recipient was with them during that time, and then you can try to make a point of always having notes in there about their time together.

This way if you see one that is blank, it might serve as a reminder to ask them about it, and even if you don't have notes, you'd…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Genius ways to use Birdhouse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Alternating Schedule

It would be able to have therapists that are on a alternating schedule in the therapist area, without having to add them a second time.
    Example, our music therapist we see Wednesday one week and then Thursday the next.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Identify what is most frequent or most problematic

With the new feature on the web, where you can record your own activity type, and it will show you the most common types for that, you can quickly see which occur most often.
    For example, if you record problem behaviors, it will quickly list them in order of which occur most often.
    Or with something like Snacks, you can see which you have most often; healthy or unhealthy, etc.
    It's very cool!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Genius ways to use Birdhouse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Simple Report Types (for me) and more so for my Kid's Doctor

1. Export is NOT working for me. Sure I can export to excel and also to word..BUT..unfortunately it just shows formatting errors. Much better to export into a .pdf which can then be emailed to my kid's therapist?. 2 Better still, if the export could create a LINK which the therapist could click and view the report generated by me? 3. Can we do line graphs and piecharts..yeah not as cool as funny face icons, but great for Left brain types :-(

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Food tracking

I use Birdhouse to track my own food intake each day. I don't like using typical food apps because they all seem to be focused on nutritional content, when all I need is an easy-to-maintain log of what I've eaten so I can hold myself accountable, identify any problem foods (I log moods (like drowsy) and poop too), and reflect on my dietary habits or take those notes with me to the nutritionist.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Behavioral Tools

Section for CBT and DBT skills

breathing, counting, ABC's, singing, things that the child has been taught to assist in calming down

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Doctor notes

I enter doctor visits as a therapy activity and then I put in all the notes that I scribbled down during the appointment right into the activity under "notes". Any time I need to, I just search for the doctor's name and I can find all those notes right there in my Birdhouse, on my phone or on my computer.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Use "notes" for more information

I use the "notes" feature everytime I need to describe something or remember something to do with the activity. For example, when she poops, I put it in Birdhouse, and I use "notes" to write whether she'd gotten a laxative or suppository or something. That way, I can get a better idea of how her gut is working.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. No more double dosing!

Whenever we give our daughter any medication, whether it's one of the regular meds she gets or just tylenol, I put it in my Birdhouse. Then, my husband can see it and know that she's already gotten it. This totally cuts down on the worry of giving her too much- or too little of anything!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Reminder to drink more water

Wish you remembered to drink more water? I did.
    So I made an email reminder in my Birdhouse to email me twice a day at times when I should be reminded to drink water if I haven't been.
    I'm not actually recording the water, but just seeing the email with the fun subject line I wrote helps to remind me and to keep my good habit going in those times when I'm slacking.
    I feel so good about it; it's one of those little things that I am so grateful for.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. https://www.facebook.com/groups/specialneedskidsswapandsell

This website is a great place to buy/sell items that you need.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Technology/Apps/Online Resources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Great Book

A great book to use with children that have been diagnosed with eating disorders is: "Treating Eating Problems of Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders and Developmental Disabilites" by Keith Williams and Richard M. Foxx

As a registered nurse and a mom of a special needs son I highly recommend this book.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Articles/Studies/Research  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. More than just Therapists

I'd like a different term for the category "Therapists", maybe Care Team or just Contacts. I would like to keep contact information for everyone involved in my child's care, not just therapists; teachers, caregivers, doctors, etc.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. can't seem to do much on the mobile app version compared to desktop website version

i'm a newbie so please forgive me if i have missed out features.. but I just found the mobile app version missing a lot of the features available on the desktop website version even as a premium user.
    like unable to check if scheduled medication has been given, or seeing reports, and etc. And there's no 'more' tab, or other option tab that allows me to go to other sections/features available on desktop version birdhouse, like profile, export data and etc.
    ..which also reminds me.. is there option to export data in different formats other than csv? not sure what…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. ability to color code the existing activity symbol + customize activity name/symbol

I have ASD child who has poop accidents (not done in the toilet but elsewhere) once every now and then, but there is only one 'poop' symbol to use for both regular poop and poop accident. and this is inconvenient on the report because I can't tell how many times she had poop accidents out of all the poops done within a week or month or etc.. so if there was an option to use different color on the same 'poop' symbol, it'll help us to easily see on the graph where/when she had the poop accident and when she…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great suggestion/feedback.
    We are working on a wonderful version of this that I think you are going to love.
    In the meantime, one detail that might help you;
    In the Reports section, if you select Other and the click the checkbox below that says ‘Show Advanced Filters’, there will be a chart that shows your various types of Other, and you could select just one or two specific ones you wanted graphed/included in your export data, like ‘Poop accident’
    I hope this helps.
    We can’t wait to see how you like the new stuff we are working on.

17. Medication time alert

I use other apps solely for med time reminders. I get a notification to ensure I don't forget to give my son meds. This comes in handy on weekends or when we're out of the house during regular med time. It would be great to have one on Birdhouse.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great suggestion!
    It’s so helpful to hear specifically how this affects you and how you would like it to work.
    We definitely have this on our to-do list and will keep you posted on the progress as there are things to report.

18. IEP & FAMILY TEAM MTGS

Great idea to add. Listing details of
    1. Goals
    2. Grades
    3. Behaviors
    4.Attended participants
    5. Current academic levels
    6. Special factors
    7.Accomodations
    8.Testing
    9. Safeguards
    10.Notes

To make a grid & be able to add data at ur fingertips.This would be a great Tool to have.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great suggestion!
    We will keep these in mind as we continue to evolve the product.
    I would love to see an example of what you mean by ‘make a grid and add data’. Do you already have something like this you’d like to be able to do and update with Birdhouse that we could see? How do you do this system?
    You can email us details at owl@birdhousehq.com

19. I need to track poop and correlate with supplements and food.

It would be awesome to look at poop specifics, not just time/date, while also comparing it to supplements and/or food. We are working on healing my son's gut, so figuring out poop problems is the number one reason I use Birdhouse at this point. Also to monitor moods and reactions to supplements and foods, so having a broader range of moods would be helpful. I think you guys are working on that though...

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are working on adding more options for how you track and evaluate Poop.

One new option would be to create a new category called something like Poop Status (or anything other than Poop) and then you could enter the different descriptions/common categories, like ‘small’ or ‘loose’, etc, whatever specifics you needed to measure separately.

If you have questions, please ask at owl@birdhousehq.com

Adam

~ a birdhouse owl

20. APP for IPAD

I am a teacher for young children with developmental delays and disabilities, I would love to be able to use my IPAD while I'm in the classroom to track for multiple children but I have not come across a Birdhouse IPAD app, am I missing something or is there any possibility of this? Thanks

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Megan, that’s a great suggestion. We’d LOVE to build an iPad app and eventually we will, but for the time being we are focusing our efforts on making our iPhone and Android apps as great as they can be.

That being said, you can certainly use the iPhone app on your iPad (and for that matter, an Android app on an Android tablet or Kindle), with just a few extra steps.

Below is a quick article on how to download our iPhone app to your iPad. It may not be 100% ideal, but it’s definitely better than nothing at all and many people enjoy it :-)

http://community.birdhousehq.com/knowledgebase/articles/407425-how-to-use-or-install-birdhouse-on-your-ipad

Hope to have a better answer for you sooner than later!

-The Birdhouse Team

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base