General

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. APP for IPAD

I am a teacher for young children with developmental delays and disabilities, I would love to be able to use my IPAD while I'm in the classroom to track for multiple children but I have not come across a Birdhouse IPAD app, am I missing something or is there any possibility of this? Thanks

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Megan, that’s a great suggestion. We’d LOVE to build an iPad app and eventually we will, but for the time being we are focusing our efforts on making our iPhone and Android apps as great as they can be.

That being said, you can certainly use the iPhone app on your iPad (and for that matter, an Android app on an Android tablet or Kindle), with just a few extra steps.

Below is a quick article on how to download our iPhone app to your iPad. It may not be 100% ideal, but it’s definitely better than nothing at all and many people enjoy it :-)

http://community.birdhousehq.com/knowledgebase/articles/407425-how-to-use-or-install-birdhouse-on-your-ipad

Hope to have a better answer for you sooner than later!

-The Birdhouse Team

2. Weekend column a different color on the timeline.

To help identify patterns of behavior as they correlate to weekends vs weekdays please make the weekend column a different color.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Reminder to drink more water

Wish you remembered to drink more water? I did.
    So I made an email reminder in my Birdhouse to email me twice a day at times when I should be reminded to drink water if I haven't been.
    I'm not actually recording the water, but just seeing the email with the fun subject line I wrote helps to remind me and to keep my good habit going in those times when I'm slacking.
    I feel so good about it; it's one of those little things that I am so grateful for.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Genius ways to use Birdhouse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Suggestion: change the activity entry type to use the same settings as meltdown

I've been using Activity entries to track my daughters physical activity to ensure she gets enough exercise. My feedback on using it for this is that it would be great to use the Meltdown Low | Medium | High buttons to record the intensity of the activity and Duration field for Activity entries to give better data about how active the child has been.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Problems with medication name auto-complete

When entering a letter into the "medication name" input on the "Post new activity" form, an auto-complete dropdown appears. There are two bugs with this in my opinion:

1) Any medication that contains the entered letter(s) is listed in the dropdown. E.g. entering "M" matches "Kids vitamines". I find it unlikely that this is what the user wanted and would suggest to only match medications starting with the entered letter(s), as opposed to containing them anywhere. (Expressed in SQL: ... WHERE medicationname LIKE 'M%' ... instead of ... WHERE medicationname LIKE '%M%').

2) Medication names that are on…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. It all looks great to me re. report

I like the idea how I can choose what I would like to have included in the report and also how it shows up in the top graph. Good idea, in that case one can see at what times in the day meltdowns occur usually, but in my case the graph does not seem to reflect the true time of the event, otherwise displayed correctly in the report at the end.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Great Book

A great book to use with children that have been diagnosed with eating disorders is: "Treating Eating Problems of Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders and Developmental Disabilites" by Keith Williams and Richard M. Foxx

As a registered nurse and a mom of a special needs son I highly recommend this book.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Articles/Studies/Research  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. https://www.facebook.com/groups/specialneedskidsswapandsell

This website is a great place to buy/sell items that you need.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Technology/Apps/Online Resources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Change the order of scheduled items

Reverse the order of daily scheduled items so morning is on top and evening is on the bottom.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. No more double dosing!

Whenever we give our daughter any medication, whether it's one of the regular meds she gets or just tylenol, I put it in my Birdhouse. Then, my husband can see it and know that she's already gotten it. This totally cuts down on the worry of giving her too much- or too little of anything!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Genius ways to use Birdhouse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Use "notes" for more information

I use the "notes" feature everytime I need to describe something or remember something to do with the activity. For example, when she poops, I put it in Birdhouse, and I use "notes" to write whether she'd gotten a laxative or suppository or something. That way, I can get a better idea of how her gut is working.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Doctor notes

I enter doctor visits as a therapy activity and then I put in all the notes that I scribbled down during the appointment right into the activity under "notes". Any time I need to, I just search for the doctor's name and I can find all those notes right there in my Birdhouse, on my phone or on my computer.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Food tracking

I use Birdhouse to track my own food intake each day. I don't like using typical food apps because they all seem to be focused on nutritional content, when all I need is an easy-to-maintain log of what I've eaten so I can hold myself accountable, identify any problem foods (I log moods (like drowsy) and poop too), and reflect on my dietary habits or take those notes with me to the nutritionist.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Identify what is most frequent or most problematic

With the new feature on the web, where you can record your own activity type, and it will show you the most common types for that, you can quickly see which occur most often.
    For example, if you record problem behaviors, it will quickly list them in order of which occur most often.
    Or with something like Snacks, you can see which you have most often; healthy or unhealthy, etc.
    It's very cool!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Share what you keep in your Files...

Tell us what you keep in your Files to share with us and the community, and to discover how other people use it

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base