General

About Birdhouse

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Include duration for all activities

Please include a way to document a duration (or an end time that calculates the duration) for an activity. Type, scope, duration and frequency of caregiver assessments, judgements, interventions are critical things we track.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Great suggestion.
      We definitely understand how crucial these pieces are and what a valuable addition to the tool they will be.
      It is a big undertaking to properly implement these in a “smart” way so they can be applied to all of the different ways that people use this type of system, but we are working on it right now and it’s going to be a magnificent and empowering solution when we start to roll out these changes.
      I wish I could say we’ll have this available right away, but it’s on it’s way. Hopefully what we have is helpful to some degree without them, and I look forward to hearing how you like the solution we come up with when it becomes available.

If there’s any way we can help with anythign else, in the interim, of course, always let us know.

:-)

Adam

~ a birdhouse owl

• Comments

Please add a feature to allow other users (spouse, teacher etc.) to comment on activities posted by other users in the same account.

15 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a great suggestion and something we will likely integrate, at some point. However, we have a few things that will have a more immediate a bigger impact on usability on the list before this.
        If this is important to you, please do let us know so we can keep track of who is waiting on this.

• 9 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Absolutely! Great idea.
          This is definitely on our list. We have a few other big things in line ahead of it that I think you’re gonna like, but we will definitely get to this after that. We will update the status here as we get closer, so you know when it’s coming.

• Collaborator roles and permissions

I would really like to use this to have my son's care team collaborate more effectively. And, I know that there are some things that I might put in BirdHouse that I would still want private. Could you add in permission levels, either by object (note / file / etc) and/or by user so that I can restrict access to some things?

For example, if I were to keep track of IEP notes, I might not want my actual IEP team to see everything that I have written.

6 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • Alternating Schedule

It would be able to have therapists that are on a alternating schedule in the therapist area, without having to add them a second time.
            Example, our music therapist we see Wednesday one week and then Thursday the next.

5 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Medication time alert

I use other apps solely for med time reminders. I get a notification to ensure I don't forget to give my son meds. This comes in handy on weekends or when we're out of the house during regular med time. It would be great to have one on Birdhouse.

5 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Great suggestion!
                It’s so helpful to hear specifically how this affects you and how you would like it to work.
                We definitely have this on our to-do list and will keep you posted on the progress as there are things to report.

• ability to color code the existing activity symbol + customize activity name/symbol

I have ASD child who has poop accidents (not done in the toilet but elsewhere) once every now and then, but there is only one 'poop' symbol to use for both regular poop and poop accident. and this is inconvenient on the report because I can't tell how many times she had poop accidents out of all the poops done within a week or month or etc.. so if there was an option to use different color on the same 'poop' symbol, it'll help us to easily see on the graph where/when she had the poop accident and when she…

5 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Great suggestion/feedback.
                  We are working on a wonderful version of this that I think you are going to love.
                  In the meantime, one detail that might help you;
                  In the Reports section, if you select Other and the click the checkbox below that says ‘Show Advanced Filters’, there will be a chart that shows your various types of Other, and you could select just one or two specific ones you wanted graphed/included in your export data, like ‘Poop accident’
                  I hope this helps.
                  We can’t wait to see how you like the new stuff we are working on.

• Add activity for more than one person

I would love to be able to add an activity for more than one person at a time, for example, when we all eat a meal together, be able to add it to more than one person at a time instead of having to do them individually.

3 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Color coded events?

It would be great if we could color code the events. That would help be able to differentiate between behaviors at a glance. I have a student who has his behavior level reported every half hour. It would be nice if the colors could correspond to his behavioral chart. (green, yellow or red zone)

3 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Great suggestion!
                      We do plan to offer some customization of labeling with icons and colors, and it’s really helpful to know how these might ideally correlate to another system you use already.

In the interim, one way you can visually differentiate at a glance is to give each it’s own Activity Type (rather than all under Behavior). If you record them as ‘High Behavior’ – ‘Medium Behavior’ – ‘Low Behavior’ it will not only make for quick logging, but you will get a different icon for each, making them easier to differentiate visually.
                      This will also translate to the Reporting options.

Hope this helps, and thank you for sharing!

• Improve activity creation performance on website

I primarily use the website to create a series of activities for a period of time (i.e. entering all activities for the morning.) This process is slow in part because the website reloads each time an activity is created and a full webpage load is pretty slow. It would be great if the activity POSTing could occur over AJAX to eliminate the need for a page reload.

2 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Don't use military time on report

I have had to really stay on top of my son's sleeping pattens this past month. The Report feature has been a HUGE tool to sharing that information with doctors. EXCEPT, when they ask, "what time did he go to bed?" I check my report and say "19:45pm" (LOL). Then I do the quick conversion in my head and say "7:45pm" The idea of the "report" is to NOT have to "think" because Birdhouse has done all of the "thinking" for me. It's a minor flaw, but it would help. Just a suggestion.

2 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          2 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →
                        • Change the order of scheduled items

Reverse the order of daily scheduled items so morning is on top and evening is on the bottom.

1 vote
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Admin →
                          • Add the ability to tag entries to more easily correlate them

It would be great to have the option to add tags to entries like "vacation" or "school" to allow users to link disparate entries together with one searchable term. This will help users find entries that relate to each other and can help identify longer term trends that would be hard to pick out using just activity types. Right now we can do it by adding a keyword to the entries but having it be a tag field that can be clicked on in an entry to search by would make Birdhouse far more powerful in my opinion.

1 vote
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a great suggestion and definitely some we intend to do. We have some more basic things already in the works that have priority, like adding support for attaching files and more, but we’ll definitely get there

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base