General

About Birdhouse

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Parenting Tips

This is a forum for discussing, sharing and discovering great tips

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Sensory issues

Sensory integration disorder and issues that comes with it.

35 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        8 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can now use the category Sensory, either in your list or accessed by using ‘Something Else’

As you add different descriptions of sensory interventions or seeking behaviors or whatever details you are documenting, they will pre-populate.

Then you can graph them in reports, see total counts during different periods, get a review of them sent in your weekly and monthly email summaries, and more.

Let us know what you think and how we can make these more effective for you!

• Need to make it easier to invite collaborators

I'm trying out Birdhouse and it seems like a great idea. However, it's difficult and confusing to invite a collaborator (for me and for them). I'd like to collaborate with my son's nanny, ABA, OT, etc...but I know that if its not super easy for them to use, they won't do it and I'll be stuck trying to elicit and record their notes.

7 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Collaboration is a newer feature at the moment, and we are currently in the process of making the process of inviting new collaborators more convenient and straightforward. We’re excited to be able to make this more accessible as this year goes on.

–Ben

• I need to track poop and correlate with supplements and food.

It would be awesome to look at poop specifics, not just time/date, while also comparing it to supplements and/or food. We are working on healing my son's gut, so figuring out poop problems is the number one reason I use Birdhouse at this point. Also to monitor moods and reactions to supplements and foods, so having a broader range of moods would be helpful. I think you guys are working on that though...

6 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            2 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are working on adding more options for how you track and evaluate Poop.

One new option would be to create a new category called something like Poop Status (or anything other than Poop) and then you could enter the different descriptions/common categories, like ‘small’ or ‘loose’, etc, whatever specifics you needed to measure separately.

If you have questions, please ask at owl@birdhousehq.com

Adam

~ a birdhouse owl

• Behavioral Tools

Section for CBT and DBT skills

breathing, counting, ABC's, singing, things that the child has been taught to assist in calming down

5 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • More than just Therapists

I'd like a different term for the category "Therapists", maybe Care Team or just Contacts. I would like to keep contact information for everyone involved in my child's care, not just therapists; teachers, caregivers, doctors, etc.

5 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Suggestion: change the activity entry type to use the same settings as meltdown

I've been using Activity entries to track my daughters physical activity to ensure she gets enough exercise. My feedback on using it for this is that it would be great to use the Meltdown Low | Medium | High buttons to record the intensity of the activity and Duration field for Activity entries to give better data about how active the child has been.

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base