Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kelley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Private Provider Feedback: I think knowing what is being worked on in private sessions weekly would be helpful so that the team is more cohesive. Or, if they are working on a specific IEP goal and have created materials that work well for the student, they could upload them. I also think it build rapport between classroom and private provider. I also think it is a great talking point for students to watch a video or see a photo of themselves working outside of school. In my past experience, we have done this with Picasa (Google) Photo/Video galleries. It has really helped to create cohesion with the child's education.

What I did over the weekend: We often talk about our weekends in my classroom to work on concepts of time, event if it is past vs present. It would be great to have a running record of those housed in one location as opposed to having to create a book. For those students that are able to type about a topic, it would be a great way for them to "email" the teacher to tell him/her what happened over the weekend. Or, photos would give us the means to pre-program talkers before we see a pic in a students backpack. Nothing is worse for me than a child that is SO excited to communicate, but he or she can't because the topic, word or person isn't in the communication device.

Sorry, I tend to ramble when it comes to Autism. Teaching and working with children with Autism and parents of children with Autism is my passion. If only budget caps didn't exist, right?

Feedback and Knowledge Base