About Birdhouse

Sensory issues

Sensory integration disorder and issues that comes with it.

35 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    kjhbright shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminBirdhouse Owl (The Wise One, Birdhouse) responded  · 

You can now use the category Sensory, either in your list or accessed by using ‘Something Else’

As you add different descriptions of sensory interventions or seeking behaviors or whatever details you are documenting, they will pre-populate.

Then you can graph them in reports, see total counts during different periods, get a review of them sent in your weekly and monthly email summaries, and more.

Let us know what you think and how we can make these more effective for you!

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • jennifer-pike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good idea... you can track sensory seeking (or avoidance) behaviors...
        vestibular - i.e. spinning
        proprioceptive - i.e. body slamming, jumping etc.
        touch aversions...

• Lora Walburn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love to be able to rate sensory needs...perhaps on a 1-5 of sensory neediness. On the profile, perhaps you could choose what type of sensory needs the child has (aural, vestibular, etc) and then you can rate daily neediness by number each day.

• AdminBirdhouse Owl (The Wise One, Birdhouse) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can graph/total count of inedible items to mouth or nose- type of item (plastic toy, stick outside).

If you enter an activity type of Sensory or even Inedible Items in Mouth, you can put instances of each type in the description.

On the Reports page, you can then select this and see them on the graph, and under Advanced Filters, see total counts of each within whatever date period you choose.

Let us know what you think :)
        owl@birdhousehq.com

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How often toddler needs to hold any item in hand throughout day. Non food items put to mouth-even not if it goes into mouth. Times name called and times responded to -with normal hearing.
        Maybe not graph, but total count of inedible items to mouth or nose- type of item (plastic toy, stick outside).

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to be able to submit a easy yes/no poll to others managing sensory processing. When I reach out to support groups the answers can be overwhelming with so many SPD behaviors that may or may not be related.

• Emily commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm sure there's a way it could be done now with something else but I think having a sensory diet window/tab could be helpful.... Under it you could enter the diet that is currently being followed and the kiddo's response to it.

• Michelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe this could be combined with the "Tracking Medical Symptoms" feature request by Jen Pike...?

Feedback and Knowledge Base