About Birdhouse

The MOOD graph is useless, here's why..

Every "MOOD" has a HAPPY face. So, for example, when you want to see a Report of your childs moods for the week, he looks pretty darn "happy" all the time. You really need to change the emoicons to different faces other than just a smiley face. Otherwise, the reports graph is completly useless.

2 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Amy Cook shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminBirdhouse Owl (The Wise One, Birdhouse) responded  · 

Absolutely.
    This is a challenging one. We used to have different faces for the moods and it was great and really fun. As we started adding more moods, it took a lot longer to add them if we wanted to have matching faces for each one. We decided that, for the time being, it would be better to add new mood options faster and eliminate the faces issue until we could handle it more efficiently.

Have you clicked the ‘Show Advanced Filters’ checkbox, yet?
    It’s not a perfect solution, but this will give you another chart that will allow you to show/hide the specific mood types, so you could include only positive or negative ones on the graph, or only a specific mood, and this would allow you to know what the smily face represents, for the time being.

Or you can scroll down to the Data table and check the day and time where the face is to see which it is.

Again, you’re totally right and none of these are good long term solutions.
    It is on our list to improve.
    Thank you.

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Michelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love Amy Cook's idea to use colors for the moods! Even more awesome would be a whole spectrum of colors: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple---with the ability to put my own label on each color.

Reason: Some parents might be like a friend of mine, for whom *everything* has its own specific color..so it would be considerate if the mood-color relation is not predefined. And perhaps more important, about 4-5% of people are (e.g., red-green) color blind and will appreciate the flexibility that would allow them to choose which colors to use/omit.

Thanks for everything you're doing!

• Amy Cook commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have an idea. Rather than worry about changing the faces, change the colors. Example, moods like Happy, Great, Giggly,Engaged, etc..positive moods...make them the yellow they already are. Then the moods that are less favorable, Agitated, Mean, Angry, Disconnected, Defiant, Controlling, etc,,make them RED. Others like, Sad, Anxious, Restless, Sick, Sleepy,Spacey could be BLUE.
        I don't know?!?! Just a thought. This would give a more general idea of what the moods were for the day on the graph. Yes, the Advanced filters are a great help in showing the overall total for the time period, but it would be SO MUCH EASIER to be able to use the graph to see a quick snap shot of the "tone" of the Moods. Especially if you are trying to track a child who is going through Mood Swings! Therefore, keep the smiley face and just change the color to correspond with the mood. Just an idea Keep up the good work:)

Feedback and Knowledge Base