3. Behaviors
    4.Attended participants
    5. Current academic levels
    6. Special factors
    7.Accomodations
    8.Testing
    9. Safeguards
    10.Notes

To make a grid & be able to add data at ur fingertips.This would be a great Tool to have.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great suggestion!
    We will keep these in mind as we continue to evolve the product.
    I would love to see an example of what you mean by ‘make a grid and add data’. Do you already have something like this you’d like to be able to do and update with Birdhouse that we could see? How do you do this system?
    You can email us details at owl@birdhousehq.com

2. APP for IPAD

I am a teacher for young children with developmental delays and disabilities, I would love to be able to use my IPAD while I'm in the classroom to track for multiple children but I have not come across a Birdhouse IPAD app, am I missing something or is there any possibility of this? Thanks

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Megan, that’s a great suggestion. We’d LOVE to build an iPad app and eventually we will, but for the time being we are focusing our efforts on making our iPhone and Android apps as great as they can be.

That being said, you can certainly use the iPhone app on your iPad (and for that matter, an Android app on an Android tablet or Kindle), with just a few extra steps.

Below is a quick article on how to download our iPhone app to your iPad. It may not be 100% ideal, but it’s definitely better than nothing at all and many people enjoy it :-)

http://community.birdhousehq.com/knowledgebase/articles/407425-how-to-use-or-install-birdhouse-on-your-ipad

Hope to have a better answer for you sooner than later!

-The Birdhouse Team

3. It were accessible to Autistic persons who wish to self-regulate.

I'm an Autistic adult who'd like some sort of app that would help me keep track of this sort of thing on my own. Birdhouse is amazing, but sometimes I feel a little condescended by it since it's geared towards parents of Autistic kids.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is great feedback.
    I’m so sorry to hear that it gives you a condescending tone.
    We started with making the tool focused on adults looking after kids, as that was our personal need and what we knew best. We are trying to do a GREAT job at that before diverting our attention.
    That being said, we are also always looking for ways to make changes and learn more about how to accommodate more people who would like to use the tool.
    If you would like to send us a private message at owl@birdhousehq.com and share more specifics about what parts make you feel condescended to, how you currently use it that is helpful, and what are some changes we could make that would make it even more helpful, we’d love to hear about it and think about how when can incorporate that feedback into our plan.

4. 9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Absolutely! Great idea.
    This is definitely on our list. We have a few other big things in line ahead of it that I think you’re gonna like, but we will definitely get to this after that. We will update the status here as we get closer, so you know when it’s coming.

5. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Include duration for all activities

Please include a way to document a duration (or an end time that calculates the duration) for an activity. Type, scope, duration and frequency of caregiver assessments, judgements, interventions are critical things we track.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Great suggestion.
    We definitely understand how crucial these pieces are and what a valuable addition to the tool they will be.
    It is a big undertaking to properly implement these in a “smart” way so they can be applied to all of the different ways that people use this type of system, but we are working on it right now and it’s going to be a magnificent and empowering solution when we start to roll out these changes.
    I wish I could say we’ll have this available right away, but it’s on it’s way. Hopefully what we have is helpful to some degree without them, and I look forward to hearing how you like the solution we come up with when it becomes available.

If there’s any way we can help with anythign else, in the interim, of course, always let us know.

:-)

Adam

~ a birdhouse owl

7. Parenting Tips

This is a forum for discussing, sharing and discovering great tips

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Comments

Please add a feature to allow other users (spouse, teacher etc.) to comment on activities posted by other users in the same account.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Differentiate current and ended nutrition schedules visually in the nutrition list

When changing the dose for a nutrition, there is a popup that explains how to keep the history by setting an end date for the current dose and creating a new schedule with the new dose.

It would be nice if the lines with end dates in the past had different formatting in the nutrition table.

In the following picture, one of the highlighted lines has an end date in the past and the other one is current, but that is not obvious. Maybe the ended line could be stroke through or colored with a lighter gray to make it…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Locating others in our area...

My husband is in the Air Force and as such we have had to move to a new area several times. Each time I've wished there was an "E Harmony" for families of special needs children. Specifically to identify and match with families that have similar challenges.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base