General

About Birdhouse

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Problems with medication name auto-complete

When entering a letter into the "medication name" input on the "Post new activity" form, an auto-complete dropdown appears. There are two bugs with this in my opinion:

1) Any medication that contains the entered letter(s) is listed in the dropdown. E.g. entering "M" matches "Kids vitamines". I find it unlikely that this is what the user wanted and would suggest to only match medications starting with the entered letter(s), as opposed to containing them anywhere. (Expressed in SQL: ... WHERE medication_name LIKE 'M%' ... instead of ... WHERE medication_name LIKE '%M%').

2) Medication names that are on several different…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Include duration for all activities

Please include a way to document a duration (or an end time that calculates the duration) for an activity. Type, scope, duration and frequency of caregiver assessments, judgements, interventions are critical things we track.

32 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great suggestion.
        We definitely understand how crucial these pieces are and what a valuable addition to the tool they will be.
        It is a big undertaking to properly implement these in a “smart” way so they can be applied to all of the different ways that people use this type of system, but we are working on it right now and it’s going to be a magnificent and empowering solution when we start to roll out these changes.
        I wish I could say we’ll have this available right away, but it’s on it’s way. Hopefully what we have is helpful to some degree without them, and I look forward to hearing how you like the solution we come up with when it becomes available.

If there’s any way we can help with anythign else, in the interim, of course, always let us know.

:-)

Adam

~ a birdhouse owl

• Post photos.

We use a lot of visual feedback for my son. It would be great if I could post photos too.

12 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Parenting Tips

This is a forum for discussing, sharing and discovering great tips

46 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • https://www.facebook.com/groups/specialneedskidsswapandsell

This website is a great place to buy/sell items that you need.

1 vote
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              0 comments  ·  Technology/Apps/Online Resources  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Great Book

A great book to use with children that have been diagnosed with eating disorders is: "Treating Eating Problems of Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders and Developmental Disabilites" by Keith Williams and Richard M. Foxx

As a registered nurse and a mom of a special needs son I highly recommend this book.

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                0 comments  ·  Articles/Studies/Research  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Identify what is most frequent or most problematic

With the new feature on the web, where you can record your own activity type, and it will show you the most common types for that, you can quickly see which occur most often.
                For example, if you record problem behaviors, it will quickly list them in order of which occur most often.
                Or with something like Snacks, you can see which you have most often; healthy or unhealthy, etc.
                It's very cool!

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  0 comments  ·  Genius ways to use Birdhouse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Food tracking

I use Birdhouse to track my own food intake each day. I don't like using typical food apps because they all seem to be focused on nutritional content, when all I need is an easy-to-maintain log of what I've eaten so I can hold myself accountable, identify any problem foods (I log moods (like drowsy) and poop too), and reflect on my dietary habits or take those notes with me to the nutritionist.

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    0 comments  ·  Genius ways to use Birdhouse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • It all looks great to me re. report

I like the idea how I can choose what I would like to have included in the report and also how it shows up in the top graph. Good idea, in that case one can see at what times in the day meltdowns occur usually, but in my case the graph does not seem to reflect the true time of the event, otherwise displayed correctly in the report at the end.

1 vote
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Doctor notes

I enter doctor visits as a therapy activity and then I put in all the notes that I scribbled down during the appointment right into the activity under "notes". Any time I need to, I just search for the doctor's name and I can find all those notes right there in my Birdhouse, on my phone or on my computer.

1 vote
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Use "notes" for more information

I use the "notes" feature everytime I need to describe something or remember something to do with the activity. For example, when she poops, I put it in Birdhouse, and I use "notes" to write whether she'd gotten a laxative or suppository or something. That way, I can get a better idea of how her gut is working.

1 vote
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • No more double dosing!

Whenever we give our daughter any medication, whether it's one of the regular meds she gets or just tylenol, I put it in my Birdhouse. Then, my husband can see it and know that she's already gotten it. This totally cuts down on the worry of giving her too much- or too little of anything!

1 vote
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Comments

Please add a feature to allow other users (spouse, teacher etc.) to comment on activities posted by other users in the same account.

15 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a great suggestion and something we will likely integrate, at some point. However, we have a few things that will have a more immediate a bigger impact on usability on the list before this.
                              If this is important to you, please do let us know so we can keep track of who is waiting on this.

• Differentiate current and ended nutrition schedules visually in the nutrition list

When changing the dose for a nutrition, there is a popup that explains how to keep the history by setting an end date for the current dose and creating a new schedule with the new dose.

It would be nice if the lines with end dates in the past had different formatting in the nutrition table.

In the following picture, one of the highlighted lines has an end date in the past and the other one is current, but that is not obvious. Maybe the ended line could be stroke through or colored with a lighter gray to make it…

9 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Locating others in our area...

My husband is in the Air Force and as such we have had to move to a new area several times. Each time I've wished there was an "E Harmony" for families of special needs children. Specifically to identify and match with families that have similar challenges.

3 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                1 3 Next →
                                • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base