Yes, you can!
Birdhouse can be used to track your child’s food intake and even compare it to moods, meltdowns, and poop. This is really helpful for many families, because quite a few of our little ones struggle with various ingredients or food types, and trying different diets can be a challenging task.
Right now, Food tracking is a Birdhouse Premium feature. You can learn more about Birdhouse Premium here.
Use the “Food” activity type to keep a searchable record of your child’s meals and snacks. This way, whenever you want, you can search for “cheese” and every time he ate cheese will be displayed, or simply click the Food button in the grey Activity Bar and everything he ever ate will be viewable.
Here’s how to log foods:
1. On the Activity page for the child whose food you want to track, click the green “Post a new activity” button.
2. Choose “Food” from the dropdown list of activities.
3. Make sure the time is set correctly (it defaults to the current time), and then use the “Food” field to enter what your child ate. Each time you enter new foods, Birdhouse will remember those and suggest them to you so that food logging gets easier and easier the more you use it. If you'd like, add a note. Click “Save this Activity”.
4. When you're looking for specific foods your child may have eaten, you can use the Search box in the pink bar to find it.
5. And if you want to see *only* the foods, or dietary infractions (however you're choosing to use the Food function, simply click the Food button in the grey Activity bar at the top of your activities and you'll see everything he ate for the week. You can also click "previous week" to see past weeks' food.
That’s it! And it’s even easier to do and stay on top of if you have our iPhone app.